Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Baby is born..10-15-2009













He has arrived! Welcome Jacob Alexander Whitmen. Born 6 pounds 15 ounces and 20.5 inches. Labor was quick according to the statistics that you read and hear about in terms of the total time it took from start to finish. My water broke at around 8 pm (Oct. 14th) while Don and I were attempting to take a walk around the neighborhood (we didn’t get very far…we made it down the driveway) and had to turn back around. Everything from that point progressed quickly, very quickly. We headed to the hospital immediately as my contractions were 6 minutes apart only to speed up to 3 minutes apart within 1.5 hours. I progressed so quickly that the epidural was now out of the question because it was almost time to push. They did give me a little “something” to “take the edge off” which helped me to relax a little between contractions. I ended up pushing for 2 hours and at last we were able to wish our beautiful baby boy a Happy Birthday. Don did really great coaching me and rubbing my back during labor as well as staying calm and keeping me focused.












Nana and Grandpa spent the week leading up to Jacob’s arrival with Don and myself and they were a great help. Nana stayed with us an extra week she cooked, cleaned and lent a helping hand we really appreciated all their help. Thank you again to Nana and Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment