Thursday, July 8, 2010

Teeth, crawling and more




We're back! I know I have neglected to post the latest with our family but I have a little extra time and thought we would share with you what has been happening the last month since our post. Well Jacob has two bottom teeth that have poked through. June 11th was the first I had seen and felt the teeth, he did so well with cutting these first teeth that we had no idea. I was giving him his bath and wiping his gums as usual and had felt that they were coming though so no more toothless grin for him.

He can now crawl, if you want to call it that, he gets on all fours and throws his whole body forward and gets from place to place this way. He also just started on June 26th (about 8.5 months old) being able to go from laying down to a sitting up position all by himself. So he is getting quite strong. We have now found Jacob in the morning and at nap time able to sit up and turn on and hold onto the animals that hang from his mobile so we have since moved his mattress to a lower setting so the mobile can stay for a little longer. This was discovered when on the monitor when we heard a constant clicking noise (due to him holding on and not letting the mobile spin) and discovered him with a big grin and a handful of mobile animals in his closed fist.

He sure has a lot to say...Da-da, Ba-ba and Va-va sounds no Ma-ma yet but I keep trying. He gravitates towards anything that has a wire/cord and anything in which we don't want him to play with. He still very much enjoys bath time and splashing around. We took him to the beach for the 2nd time time past weekend and I put his feet in the ocean but he wasn't all that thrilled with the idea of that, not yet at least.

His legs are definitely getting stronger by the day. He will stand for a short period of time against the seat of the couch with little or no assistance. Most recently, last night in fact, I put him in the glider rocker his bedroom and he proceeded to move his upper body back and forth and found that he can rock when this happens. He is really figuring out cause and effect and this happens to be another one of his findings. He giggles everytime.

I am using this blog as a virtual scrapbook, since I don't have time for a real scrapbook this is the next best thing that is why I have put actual dates for my own knowledge. Oh, and the best part of all is we leave for MI in 2 Days, I am beyond excited so most of you will see everything I am typing for yourselves next week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful time visiting with you, Don, and Jacob! So great to see you and spend so much fun time playing with Jacob!

    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete